Arwen's meanderings

Hi everyone and welcome to my dinghy cruising blog about my John Welsford designed 'navigator' named Arwen. Built over three years, Arwen was launched in August 2007. She is a standing lug yawl 14' 6" in length. This blog records our dinghy cruising voyages together around the coastal waters of SW England.
Arwen has an associated YouTube channel so visit www.YouTube.com/c/plymouthwelshboy to find our most recent cruises and click subscribe.
On this blog you will find posts about dinghy cruising locations, accounts of our voyages, maintenance tips and 'How to's' ranging from rigging standing lug sails and building galley boxes to using 'anchor buddies' and creating 'pilotage notes'. I hope you find something that inspires you to get out on the water in your boat. Drop us a comment and happy sailing.
Steve and Arwen

Tuesday 24 October 2017

A brief tour of Hurst castle spit and lymington Marshes

Now I am retired, it is nice to visit the places I taught about for so many years. One such place is Hurst castle Spit. I hope I have done the area justice in what is my first attempt at a case study summary video. It was only our second outing in 'Florrie' our new caravan as well.

https://youtu.be/_fgdLXPsT4s


2 comments:

Bursledon Blogger said...

Steve Brilliant, that's the definitive video of the Hurst spit and Keyhaven marshes - although your messages about protecting the environment leaves me feeling slightly guilty about kayaking through the channels.

We need you to make a similar film of the Hamble and as a PS we have a nice riverside caravan park for you to stay at.

http://www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/campsites/uk/hampshire/southampton/riversideholidays

Max

steve said...

Thanks Max. I wasn't sure. I did it with limited footage and really as an after thought. I felt I spoke too much, rushed in places but then I was trying to keep it to max 8 minutes. First video I have done like that so lots to learn and reflect on
DON'T feel guilty about canoeing through its creeks. Careful kayakers will appreciate its beauty and do minimal damage; and be able to enjoy it.
the campsite - good recommendation - we joined the camping and caravan club this year. we will be back up - not sure when - because we have the Portsmouth dockyard ticket and I've yet to do the Warrior and other exhibits