So let's go through it and if anyone can spot what is going wrong, please help me. Please, please help me!
- I have a sprit boom on a sort of standing lug Gunter rig arrangement...kind of......
- I have two reefing rows in the main sail
- At the aft end of the sprit boom is a sort of slab reefing arrangement. I can pull each line and it collapses the aft lower end of the sail leech. At the forward luff end, I can detach the downhaul and clip it on higher up the luff at the first or second reefing row. I pull the reefing lines from half way along the sprit boom
- Heave too
- Then I pull the topping lift up slightly and lower the top yard
- The downhaul is switched to the upper reefing row at the luff edge
- The slab reef line is pulled collapsing the rear of the sail
- The loose sail is brailled up and tied using reefing lines
- Then I pull up the main halyard hauling up the top yard and the topping lift is released