Arwen's meanderings

Hi everyone and welcome to my new blog. My name is Steve and i am the lucky owner of a John Welsford designed 'navigator' named Arwen. I built her over three years with the help of my father, father-in-law and two children. She was launched in August 2007 at Queen Anne's battery marina in the barbican area of Plymouth. This blog is a record of our voyages together around SW England.
Arwen has a YouTube channel of her own. Search "plymouthwelshboy".






Saturday, 1 June 2013

A rather blustery day

Should have checked the forecast more carefully. Missed the bit about 30 knot gusts. It certainly started to rise around 10.00am. By mid morning I had one broken jib furler and two hands on the tiller! I'd like to have shown more video but with 3' waves, wind against tide and spray coming over the foredeck in huge walls of water......well nough said!

And it started so benignly!
Still the new wooden blocks look nice.






No comments: