Arwen's meanderings

Hi everyone and welcome to my dinghy cruising blog about my John Welsford designed 'navigator' named Arwen. Built over three years, Arwen was launched in August 2007. She is a standing lug yawl 14' 6" in length. This blog records our dinghy cruising voyages together around the coastal waters of SW England.
Arwen has an associated YouTube channel so visit www.YouTube.com/c/plymouthwelshboy to find our most recent cruises and click subscribe.
On this blog you will find posts about dinghy cruising locations, accounts of our voyages, maintenance tips and 'How to's' ranging from rigging standing lug sails and building galley boxes to using 'anchor buddies' and creating 'pilotage notes'. I hope you find something that inspires you to get out on the water in your boat. Drop us a comment and happy sailing.
Steve and Arwen

Wednesday 2 March 2011

new navigator builder blog discovered

I came across another navigator builders blog - you can access it here http://guilfordboatyard.blogspot.com/
I've also added it to the blog roll on the right hand side. My membership package from the Dinghy Cruising Association also arrived today. Their quarterly bulletin is outstanding especially if you are new to dinghy cruising. Joining the association I think will prove to be a smart move for me.

I checked in with Wilfried's blog as well - oh boy is that a meticulously built navigator or what. Perfection in woodworking craftsmanship - see his latest installment at http://users.skynet.be/modelbouw.wilfried/

Wilfried's navigator - just look at that outstanding joinery
Copyright: Wilfried


Steve

2 comments:

Mike A said...

Hi Steve, "Guilford Boatyard" is the home for my Navigator. Not much action the last few months because Northern California has been getting a greater than normal amount of rain, it's not fun working with Epoxy in the 20-40 (F) range.

The good news is that the weather is improving, my Boy Scout activities are leaving me some free time, and I'll be ready to start the rudder assembly soon.

Hopefully I can get the boat on the water later this year.

Mike Allison
Prop. Guildford Boatyard :-)

P.S. Wilfried does some beautiful work, doesn't he?

steve said...

hey mike - the weather is just plain wierd everywhere at the moment - your navigator looks great - good luck on getting it finished and yeas - Wilfried is inspirational isn't he

take care
steve