Arwen's meanderings

Hi everyone and welcome to my new blog. My name is Steve and i am the lucky owner of a John Welsford designed 'navigator' named Arwen. I built her over three years with the help of my father, father-in-law and two children. She was launched in August 2007 at Queen Anne's battery marina in the barbican area of Plymouth. This blog is a record of our voyages together around SW England.
Arwen has a YouTube channel of her own. Search "plymouthwelshboy".






Sunday, 7 July 2013

Lumix TZ40 further shots


The above shot .....boat was 300 m away on x20 zoom. The shot below was going into digital zoom.....pretty good I thought!



2 comments:

Bursledon Blogger said...

after 2 years with our Lumix I've finally got around to playing around with aperture and shutter priority modes - easy to use and so far been good for trying to capture moving water - there being lots of waterfalls around these parts.

That navy ship photo has a problem I get all too often wonky horizon - note to self must practice

steve said...

Good call bb
Missed that bit
I think it is camera shake
Note to self.....use mini tripod and self timer or mobile phone to control