Arwen's meanderings

Hi everyone and welcome to my dinghy cruising blog about my John Welsford designed 'navigator' named Arwen. Built over three years, Arwen was launched in August 2007. She is a standing lug yawl 14' 6" in length. This blog records our dinghy cruising voyages together around the coastal waters of SW England.
Arwen has an associated YouTube channel so visit www.YouTube.com/c/plymouthwelshboy to find our most recent cruises and click subscribe.
On this blog you will find posts about dinghy cruising locations, accounts of our voyages, maintenance tips and 'How to's' ranging from rigging standing lug sails and building galley boxes to using 'anchor buddies' and creating 'pilotage notes'. I hope you find something that inspires you to get out on the water in your boat. Drop us a comment and happy sailing.
Steve and Arwen

Tuesday 19 October 2010

new pathfinder launch

Jon has launched his new boat - it looks fantastic - great craftsmanship - well done Jon.
Chuck made a short film of the inaugural launch/sail I think and you can see it here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDQIofGou-s

Jon's site is at
http://jonspathfinder.blogspot.com/

Enjoy.

In the meantime make sure  you stay in touch with Steve and Spartina who have just returned from their last voyage of the season
Go to http://logofspartina.blogspot.com/

That's one impressive storm front Steve - look forward to hear how you coped with that one.

Half term holidays are coming up and I hopefully I can get two things done  a) launch Angharad  and b) go for a last sail of the season - I'm aiming to try and sail some way up the Tamar, weather and tides permitting.


I might even call in here for a bevvy or two......the famous union pub at Saltash passage

Steve

2 comments:

Jon said...

Steve, thanks so much for the post mentioning my launch. I have admired your navigator for awhile now. What a great boat you have built!

Jon

steve said...

hey Jon - cool pixs and cool video clips on your blog - everyone looks as if they are really enjoying the boat and it looks fantastic - well done mate and keep me updated on how you do - brilliant stuff - congratulations
steve