Arwen's meanderings

Hi everyone and welcome to my new blog. My name is Steve and i am the lucky owner of a John Welsford designed 'navigator' named Arwen. I built her over three years with the help of my father, father-in-law and two children. She was launched in August 2007 at Queen Anne's battery marina in the barbican area of Plymouth. This blog is a record of our voyages together around SW England.
Arwen has a YouTube channel of her own. Search "plymouthwelshboy".






Sunday, 21 August 2016

the sad news that Ken Duxbury has passed away.......

http://lodestarbooks.com/ken-duxbury-1923-2016/

Sadly, at the age of 92, Ken Duxbury has passed away. With his wife B, he sailed a drascombe from Greece back to the Uk. The Lugworm Chronicles is the book I am reading now. An obituary can be found at the above website address


3 comments:

Rational Root said...

Sad news. I read the chronicles. A great book. I'd recommend it.

Jane Cullinan said...

Sad news indeed. Ken taught me to sail when I was very young, and gave me a love of sailing and the sea which still informs my life to this day.
Jane Cullinan



steve said...

It is sad. I am reading Lugworm Chronicles at the moment. A great loss to the sailing community and I know all our thoughts and sympathies are with B and family