Arwen's meanderings

Hi everyone and welcome to my dinghy cruising blog about my John Welsford designed 'navigator' named Arwen. Built over three years, Arwen was launched in August 2007. She is a standing lug yawl 14' 6" in length. This blog records our dinghy cruising voyages together around the coastal waters of SW England.
Arwen has an associated YouTube channel so visit www.YouTube.com/c/plymouthwelshboy to find our most recent cruises and click subscribe.
On this blog you will find posts about dinghy cruising locations, accounts of our voyages, maintenance tips and 'How to's' ranging from rigging standing lug sails and building galley boxes to using 'anchor buddies' and creating 'pilotage notes'. I hope you find something that inspires you to get out on the water in your boat. Drop us a comment and happy sailing.
Steve and Arwen

Saturday 27 August 2016

Dinghy cruising down to Fowey: part two

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDUJ7RVu_0E


within this video are blue box annotations and information cards
We are trying some new YouTube gizmos not used before.
Hope Arwen and I captured the mood on the day. Enjoy and if you have any comments, do let us know. We always welcome constructive feedback, sailing advice and help. 

7 comments:

Paul Mullings said...

Very well done that man, a most enjoyable view....keep up the good work.

Curt said...

Hi Steve
Great video. It looks like you had a nice cruise. Thanks for sharing!

Bursledon Blogger said...

Terrific video Steve,

Anonymous said...

Great !, I love just watching the world go by in fowey too, the only thing I would have done different is go for a meal and pint at the Lugger Inn :-)

Thanks for posting. Cheers. Jules.

steve said...

Thanks everyone. It wasa good little micro adventure and I must do more of them. Sadly school work dominates Sunday's and I haven't been ever able to clear the backlog that builds up in the week preceding the weekend. However, when I retire..........watch out then. LOTs of micro cruises planned for then!

The sickness? I did try eating chocolate and I think that caused it. However, next time I will try milk biscuits. Always a favourite with me as a kid when I was ill according to Mum. That and chicken soup....wierd!

Andrew Johnstone said...

Great blog and fun films, well done Steve.

We're based on the Exe, where we have a Skerry (CLC kit boat from Fyne Boats in Kendal) but would love to sail Plymouth sound one of these days.

Need to build up our inventory of cruising clobber though! You seem to be well kitted out.

Andy

steve said...

Hi Andrew
I know of Fyne boats. The kit has been built up over several years to spread the costs. Much of my mountaineering kit also transferred when camp cruising. Sadly, I'm back to school now and so sailing will take a back seat but come spring Easter holidays, if you are around and down this way, let me know. Everyone should have the chance to sail Plymouth Sound 😀