Arwen's meanderings

Hi everyone and welcome to my new blog. My name is Steve and i am the lucky owner of a John Welsford designed 'navigator' named Arwen. I built her over three years with the help of my father, father-in-law and two children. She was launched in August 2007 at Queen Anne's battery marina in the barbican area of Plymouth. This blog is a record of our voyages together around SW England.
Arwen has a YouTube channel of her own. Search "plymouthwelshboy".






Tuesday, 29 March 2016

Floaty camera platform

so how do I prevent it from tipping over? Can it be given some form of ballast below? Maybe a bucket attached to a lanyard...bit heavy? Or I have some scrap lead flashing, but no idea how to safely attach it! Another alternative...a small anchor and rode? That would keep it in the one position and stop it drifting with wind and current........wish I was an engineer or had my Dad's engineering expertise.........still plenty to muse on......

1 comment:

Steve-the-Wargamer said...

Brick or some other weight slung underneath the platform - supported centrally, perhaps a metre or so below for lateral stability?