Arwen's meanderings

Hi everyone and welcome to my new blog. My name is Steve and i am the lucky owner of a John Welsford designed 'navigator' named Arwen. I built her over three years with the help of my father, father-in-law and two children. She was launched in August 2007 at Queen Anne's battery marina in the barbican area of Plymouth. This blog is a record of our voyages together around SW England.
Arwen has a YouTube channel of her own. Search "plymouthwelshboy".






Tuesday, 12 January 2016

Some nice clips of a navigator with same rig as Arwen

.....and I rather like Phoenix III


2 comments:

Rik said...

Nice Steve, thanks for posting. Phoenix III was a design I bought before I found the Pathfinder. Nice boat, beautiful drawings and great guidebook. The boat is very clean. I prefer the Pathfinder. Seemed a lot more at ease on the ocean I get over here.
Rik

Steve-the-Wargamer said...

...sunshine and shorts, my kind of sailing weather....

...a comment - he sits quite a long way forward to manage all the lines, slightly longer tiller, shorter extension be better???