Arwen's meanderings

Hi everyone and welcome to my new blog. My name is Steve and i am the lucky owner of a John Welsford designed 'navigator' named Arwen. I built her over three years with the help of my father, father-in-law and two children. She was launched in August 2007 at Queen Anne's battery marina in the barbican area of Plymouth. This blog is a record of our voyages together around SW England.
Arwen has a YouTube channel of her own. Search "plymouthwelshboy".






Sunday, 3 May 2015

Twenty four miles an hour

I guess that was a good reason for coming off the water. The Mountbatten breakwater was recording winds in excess of twenty four miles an hour!
My friend made the right call and we were sensible to come home as we did. When we were coming into Sutton pool, the engine kept konking out because wind was against tide and some big waves were pushing us along from the stern and water was getting up the outboard somehow.

It was definitely a good call.

2 comments:

Steve-the-Wargamer said...

Definitely... there'll be other days...

Alden Smith said...

Keep on truck'in! and add a few photos!