Arwen's meanderings

Hi everyone and welcome to my new blog. My name is Steve and i am the lucky owner of a John Welsford designed 'navigator' named Arwen. I built her over three years with the help of my father, father-in-law and two children. She was launched in August 2007 at Queen Anne's battery marina in the barbican area of Plymouth. This blog is a record of our voyages together around SW England.
Arwen has a YouTube channel of her own. Search "plymouthwelshboy".






Saturday, 30 May 2015

Summer plans

are beginning to emerge. I think I will head east. The rough itinerary is as follows
Day one: Plymouth to Salcombe
Day two: sailing around Salcombe
Day three: sailing Salcombe to Dartmouth
Day four: sailing up to Totnes on the Dart
Day five: sailing from Totnes to Brixham or Torquay

Then I will need to sail back again as I can't work out how to get the trailer up to Torquay. The missus, rightly so, doesn't want to tow a trailer up there, having never towed anything before.  I think the sail back could be done in two days depending on the weather with a stop off overnight in Salcombe.

My other thought is to go west and drive down to falmouth. Camping at Falmouth, I could then do sails over to and up the Helford. A sail up to Truro or one of the other creeks sounds nice as does a sail around to Mevagissy or Fowey and back. I could easily soak up a week down there as well.

Decisions, decisions. 

No comments: