L,May well be coming up this Saturday, all being well.
Tides will be a constraint as they are big springs but I am hoping to pick up my friend around 8.30 and then get to the ramp around 9.00. It will take an hour to ready Arwen I suspect, after her winter slumber but the aim is to be departing QAB on the hour at 1000 when the tide will be 3.2 m but falling fast.
Arwen, last year, tied up at QAB after a lovely sail around the sound
The weather is set to be cloudy, chilly and winds straight from the north around 13 knots with gusts up to 22 knots. With two of us in the boat, there shouldn't be a need to put in any reefs. Famous last words I'm sure.
The aim, I think, although I haven't chatted this through with my friend and he will have some ideas as well, is to sail over to Cawsand and possibly beach her and grab a quick tea or coffee. There may be an opportunity to try out the new beach anchor pulley system as well. We should be arriving towards low tide which is 0.9m at 1300. Leaving Cawsand, if the weather is still playing ball, we can sail down the south side of the breakwater across to Bovisand beach/ bay. From here, a tack and a close haul run back up to the south of Drakes Island, before taking another tack eastwards to the inside of the Mountbatten breakwater.
Because the ramp on south side of QAB is shorter, we will have to wait until around 1540 before having sufficient water under Arwen so that she will float onto the trailer.
I am so looking forward to getting out on Arwen with my friend. New equipment to test includes my new Gill jacket, the new waterproof bags from Lomo, my new wellies and the new sealskinz full knee length socks.....a birthday pressie from last week.
Please let the winds die slightly, please, please!!!