Arwen's meanderings

Hi everyone and welcome to my new blog. My name is Steve and i am the lucky owner of a John Welsford designed 'navigator' named Arwen. I built her over three years with the help of my father, father-in-law and two children. She was launched in August 2007 at Queen Anne's battery marina in the barbican area of Plymouth. This blog is a record of our voyages together around SW England.
Arwen has a YouTube channel of her own. Search "plymouthwelshboy".






Sunday, 25 January 2015

Proud of myself

a 60% discount sail on in the musto shop at Salcombe. I walked in, had a good rummage; was almost sucked in by a pair of waterproof trousers, but resisted. I resisted several items as it happens. Consequently I am very proud of my restraint. She wot must be obeyed normally whispers in my ear "new coat/wellies/trousers...or early retirement?"

So I feel I had the moral high ground today when she walked out of whiteface and sea salt with assorted dresses, cardigans and blouses.

"Clothes darling or early retirement?" ..... I thought it but refrained.....after all she has over several years funded a boat and assorted equipment without any complaint. I am indeed a very lucky man

No comments: