Arwen's meanderings

Hi everyone and welcome to my dinghy cruising blog about my John Welsford designed 'navigator' named Arwen. Built over three years, Arwen was launched in August 2007. She is a standing lug yawl 14' 6" in length. This blog records our dinghy cruising voyages together around the coastal waters of SW England.
Arwen has an associated YouTube channel so visit www.YouTube.com/c/plymouthwelshboy to find our most recent cruises and click subscribe.
On this blog you will find posts about dinghy cruising locations, accounts of our voyages, maintenance tips and 'How to's' ranging from rigging standing lug sails and building galley boxes to using 'anchor buddies' and creating 'pilotage notes'. I hope you find something that inspires you to get out on the water in your boat. Drop us a comment and happy sailing.
Steve and Arwen

Friday 14 December 2012

Playing with the iPad

I've been playing with the iPad. I will do a blog over Christmas about apps for sailors but in the meantime I have been playing with some simple educational apps. One I like is 'Popplet'. it's a simple mind mapping program which allows you to combine text and images. I've just spent 10 minutes putting this simple popplet together. It is very intuitive to use and I could some of my younger students really liking it.

Over the next weeks I will trawl the apps for sailors and see what they are like. In the meantime the popplet should be below as a jpeg

Steve


2 comments:

Paul Mullings said...

Hi Steve, I also have and enjoy an iPad (2) but often have trouble posting to my Blog and get many error messages.
Have you noticed anything ?
Cheers
Paul Mullings

steve said...

Hi Paul
Yes I damn we'll have, excuse my French. And funnily enough it all started today. The homepage has changed to a sort of shortened version of posts. I have to opt into choosing web version every time I want to go to the blogger interface to check page visits etc.
Frustrating isn't it!
Anyway I am sure I will eventually master it.
In the meantime have a great Christmas Paul
Steve