Arwen's meanderings

Hi everyone and welcome to my dinghy cruising blog about my John Welsford designed 'navigator' named Arwen. Built over three years, Arwen was launched in August 2007. She is a standing lug yawl 14' 6" in length. This blog records our dinghy cruising voyages together around the coastal waters of SW England.
Arwen has an associated YouTube channel so visit www.YouTube.com/c/plymouthwelshboy to find our most recent cruises and click subscribe.
On this blog you will find posts about dinghy cruising locations, accounts of our voyages, maintenance tips and 'How to's' ranging from rigging standing lug sails and building galley boxes to using 'anchor buddies' and creating 'pilotage notes'. I hope you find something that inspires you to get out on the water in your boat. Drop us a comment and happy sailing.
Steve and Arwen

Friday 26 November 2010

new video film

Dave has posted an excellent short video for the Akaroa wooden boat festival 2010. I love this film - it is well shot, full of atmosphere and shows how much fun sailing with others can be. A classic - well done Dave and thanks - its brightened up a very nasty, snow and down right freezing winter night here in the UK. You can see some lovely boats and a number of navigators.....and then there is that stunning scenery as well

Find the video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVW9rTlHUnE

Steve

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

G'Day Steve,

Thanks for your kind words re the video and for including a link to it in your blog. Glenda and I are just back from an eleven-day campervan tour of Northland (Auckland and North of) — very much Dave Perillo's patch! I did think of Dave often as I looked out over the perfect waters. They are not short on gorgeous beaches and sailing ground up there. I didn't see any distinctive mizzen sails, but I had the best fish and chips of my life! (in a place called Mangonui).
I'll see if I can cut another video soon to help you through your cold winter.
Cheers, Dave

steve said...

hey dave - thanks - my brother lives in Christchurch NZ - lucky devil - not far from akaroa

any videos really welcome
cheers
steve