· How to get the crease out of my main sail
· The contents of a good sailboat toolkit
· Building a galley box
· Designing a boat tent from a tarp
· Using an anchor buddy for beach stops
Drying out on the mud for an overnight camp
· Coastal sailing around Start Point tidal race
· Reefing my standing lug yawl
· Using a redesigned floaty action cam platform
· Video at 60 frames per second or higher to allow slo-mo editing of spray over the bow
· If walking and using a GoPro or action cam – stick it on a selfie stick – helps smooth shakiness out
· Don’t move camera unless you absolutely have to
· Try to have something in a shot for viewers to focus on
· If videoing people, focus on the eyes and get close up
· Check lens before every shot and wipe it clean – one water droplet can ruin a shot!
· Resist the urge to just leave a camera running – an editing nightmare!