Well we have gone ahead and bought a new video camera. We needed something that would be fully waterproof; shockproof and easily attached to a variety of things like bikes, vespas, canoes and boats!! It had to be good for snorkelling and diving too. A tall order but eventually we plumed for the Gopro Hero2. We could only afford it because of some birthday money from my sisters (thanks girls xxxx); and the permission of 'she wot must be obeyed'.
And it was a tough decision. However a number of factors won it in the end:
· It’s wearable and mountable
· An ultra-wide 170 degree video at 1080p with 11mp higher resolution stills, fast time lapse and burst shooting at 10fps
· A huge array of mountings, fixings and accessories
· Waterproof down to 60m
· A slow motion 120fps mode at 848x480 that will slow the action by four times.
· Both HDMI and external microphone ports.
· A Wifi remote-control using a smartphone
· A robust build with high durability
· Minimal engineering with only two buttons, a clear interface and a protective housing
· Clear icons like "1080 - 30" with "W" at the top meaning the camera's set to 1080p video at 30fps with the Wide field-of-vision; easy to understand, simple to navigate and logically organized icon driven menus
· 2.5 hr battery life easily recharged in 1 hr
The Gopro people boast that this camera is all about capturing the action from the inside of the adventure!!
We are awaiting its arrival and will give first impressions sometime next week. In the meantime here are some video clip tests
and a sailing one.........................enjoy the music........teenagers eh? whatever happened to Led Zepp?
Nice to see my old stomping ground again - The Mumbles!